Saturday, October 28, 2006

Post-conference post

One of the best perks of finally finding a full-time job is that I can now attend conferences ... that may like a silly thing to get excited about, but librarians really love talking to other librarians and listening to other librarians give talks.

This week I went to the ACRL-Oregon fall conference, the theme of which was Resistance is Futile: Academia Meets the NeXt Generation -- it was, in a word, awesome. Cool librarians and professors talking about Web 2.0 and all its new technologies ... a total geekfest, and you all know how I dig a geekfest.

And it's not just librarians that are talking about this stuff -- my heroes at Comedy Central are getting in on the fun, too. Check out these hilarious clips (embedded streaming video in a blog post ... I'm so Librarian 2.0!)

Colbert Report on "Wikiality"



Daily Show "Trend Spotting" on Social Networking

No comments: