Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ask Jeeves Picture Search

Today one of my colleagues passed along this story from Search Engine Watch about the new & improved Picture Search at Ask Jeeves.

The distinguishing factor here is that, unlike the pile o' pictures you get with Google's image search, the Ask Jeeves Picture Search tool offers suggestions to narrow and expand your search with related terms (just like your trusty library catalog!)

I just played with it for awhile and I'm impressed -- my dad's been looking for Renaissance drawings for a poster he's making at work, and he hasn't had good luck Googling.

When I Asked Jeeves for "renaissance art" I got a list of Related Names like Leonardo Da Vinci and Michaelangelo, and Expand and Narrow options like Medieval Art and Renaissance Paintings. Very cool indeed. Thanks, Jeeves!

1 comment:

Macascot said...

Okay Anna I found this and I thought of you.....
Belly Dancing Librarians website

Tee Hee, enjoy!

Smiles,

Fi